Veritas Access Solutions Guide for NetBackup
- Veritas Access integration with NetBackup
- System requirements
- Configuring Veritas Data Deduplication with Veritas Access
- Migrating the NetBackup images from existing storage to Veritas Data Deduplication storage
- Configuring Veritas Access as a cloud storage server with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Configuring backup and restore using NetBackup policies
- Configuring Veritas Access with the NetBackup client
Configuring backup operations using NetBackup or other third-party backup applications
You can backup Veritas Access using NetBackup client capability, or backup applications from other third-party companies that use the standard NFS mount to backup over the network.
For information on NetBackup, refer to the Veritas NetBackup product documentation set.
The Backup commands configure the local NetBackup installation of Veritas Access to use an external NetBackup master server or media server. When NetBackup is installed on Veritas Access, it acts as a NetBackup client to perform IP-based backups of Veritas Access file systems.
A new public IP address, not an IP address that is currently used, is required for configuring the NetBackup client. Use the Backup> virtual-ip and Backup> virtual-name commands to configure the NetBackup client.