Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
Creating a Hyper-V policy from the Policy Configuration Wizard
The following procedure describes how to create a Hyper-V backup policy with the Policy Configuration Wizard.
The Policy Configuration Wizard does not support the WMI backup method. To create a policy with WMI, use the NetBackup Policies utility.
To create a backup policy with the Policy Configuration Wizard
- In the NetBackup Administration Console (on the NetBackup master server), click the name of the master server.
- Click the Create a Policy wizard.
- Click VMware and Hyper-V.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for the policy.
- Click Hyper-V as the virtual machine type, and enter the name of the Hyper-V server.
- Follow the remaining panels in the wizard.
The wizard creates the policy according to your selections. Backups run according to the choices that you make on the wizard's Frequency and Retention and schedule panels.