Veritas NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with Hyper-V
- Configure NetBackup policies for Hyper-V
- Backup options on the Hyper-V tab
- Hyper-V - Advanced Attributes
- Browse for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure Hyper-V Intelligent Policies
- NetBackup Hyper-V for SCVMM
- Windows Server failover cluster support
- Virtual machine maintenance after a restore
- Back up and restore Hyper-V
- Restoring individual files to a shared location on the virtual machine
- Use Accelerator to back up Hyper-V
- Best practices and more information
- NetBackup logs for Hyper-V and how to create them
- Errors during policy creation
- NetBackup status codes related to Hyper-V
- Appendix A. VSS backup method: Hyper-V online and offline backups
- Appendix B. Hyper-V pass-through disks
- Appendix C. NetBackup commands to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Examples of nbrestorevm for restoring VMs to Hyper-V
Provider Type configuration parameter (VSS)
The Provider Type configuration parameter determines the type of VSS snapshot provider that creates the snapshot.
Attempts to select the available provider in this order: hardware, software, system.
Uses the Microsoft system provider, for a block-level copy on write snapshot.
Unlike thetype, the provider does not require any specific hardware.
Not certified in this release.
Uses the hardware provider for a disk array. A hardware provider manages the VSS snapshot at the hardware level by working with a hardware storage adapter or controller.
For example: To back up the data that resides on an EMC CLARiiON or HP EVA array by means of the array's snapshot provider, select. Depending on your array and on the snapshot attribute you select, certain preconfiguration of the array may be required. See the chapter on configuration of snapshot methods for disk arrays in the NetBackup Snapshot Client Administrator's Guide.