Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
Use the Flex Appliance Shell to obtain information about hardware components. This interface provides tab-completed items to monitor your Flex appliance.
Before you configure the appliance and your network the system command is available to provide hardware monitoring information.
The following section describes the additional commands that are available after configuration is complete.
To view the hardware monitoring information
- Log in to the compute node using the following default credentials or use the unique credentials that you set during the initial configuration.
- Enter system and press tab to obtain further options.
- Use one of the following strings. Enter all or a specific component where indicated.
system hardware-health node node_component=<component>
(Veritas 5340 Appliance only) system hardware-health primaryshelf primaryshelf_component=<component>
The parameter primaryshelf_component is required.
(Veritas 5340 Appliance only) system hardware-health expansionshelf expansionshelf_component=<component> shelf_id=<shelf number, starting from 1>
The parameter shelf_id is required.
Refer to the following sections for monitoring information about compute node and storage shelf components.