Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Overview of the Flex Appliance default users
Flex Appliance comes with default users for the Flex Appliance Console, the Flex Appliance Shell, and the NetBackup application instances.
The following list describes the default users and their functions:
The admin user
This user is the default user for the Flex Appliance Console. Use this user to sign in to the console for the first time.
The hostadmin user
This user is the default user for the Flex Appliance Shell. Use this user to perform the initial configuration and for any other tasks that involve the shell.
The appadmin user
This user is the default user for all of your NetBackup application instances. Use this user to open SSH sessions to the instances. The appadmin user has the NetBackup security administrator role and access to the NetBackup web UI.
The default password for these users is well documented and available online. For security purposes, Veritas recommends that you change the passwords the first time that you use the accounts.