Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Registering an appliance
The appliance registration is centralized to the MyAppliance portal.
Registering your appliance is a vital step in allowing Veritas the ability to help maximize availability of your appliance, and provide proactive monitoring support. Registration provides Veritas with accurate contact details and site-specific information, which aids in expediting support, field services, and customer notification of failures.
Registration also provides access to additional reporting capabilities for your appliances, such as:
An overview of all registered appliances
Capacity and utilization details
The ability to update contact and site information
Registration also ensures that you are alerted to product updates and other important information about your appliance.
If your appliance has access either directly or through a proxy to the Internet, the registration details populate automatically. If the appliance is not provisioned, the message to verify and update the appliance registration information is displayed.
To register an appliance from the MyAppliance portal
- Log on to the MyAppliance portal and start the registration process with one of the following methods:
- Input the sources of verification. Only two sources are required to register an appliance.
- Click Next to initiate a search.
- Choose the appliance you want to register.
- Click Next to enter the Register a New Appliance page.
Any field highlighted with an asterisk is compulsory for registration. Move to the next step only after you have entered the required information.
- In the basic information column, input your company name.
- In the Appliance Location column, click the Add New Site button to create a new site.
- In the pop-up dialog box, input the site name, site address and other information.
- In the Select Site filed, choose the site you created .
- In the Contact Information column, click the Add New Contact button to create a new primary contact person.
- In the pop-up dialog box, input contact name, email address, phone number and other information. You can add a total of twenty contacts per appliance.
- In the Select Contact field, choose the contact person you created.
The Receive Call Home transmission failure alert option is checked by default to enable alerts in the event that Veritas has not received a valid Call Home data transmission for over 28 hours. The alert will repeat every 24 hours until a valid data transmission is received.
If you have spam filtering enabled, configure your filtering settings to allow emails from this sender ID: appliance.veritas.com.
Uncheck the option if you no longer want to receive an alert from Veritas for Call Home transmission failure.
- Verify the information and click Submit.
A notification informs you that your appliance is registered successfully.