Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Connecting a remote user domain to a NetBackup instance
NetBackup application instances support Active Directory (AD) and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) users. Use the following procedure to connect a remote user domain to a master server application instance.
To connect a remote user domain
- From the Flex Appliance Console, verify that the master server instance is on the same network as the AD or the LDAP domain. If it is not, edit the settings so that the instance can reach the domain. See Editing instance network settings.
- Open the following ports if they are not already open:
- Open an SSH session to the master server instance as the appadmin user and run the following command:
sudo realm join <domain name> -v
Where <domain name> is the AD or the LDAP domain that you want to connect.
Enter the appadmin user password when prompted.
- When the following prompts appear, enter the password for the AD or the LDAP domain:
Password for Administrator:
Enter Administrator's password:
- Wait for the process to complete. The following message should appear:
Successfully enrolled machine in realm
- When the connection is complete, sign in to the instance as the appadmin user from the NetBackup web UI. Add and configure the remote users that you want to have access to the instance. See the NetBackup Web UI Security Administrator's Guide for details.