Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Deleting and disabling Call Home settings
Call Home is enabled by default. You can delete or disable Call Home settings as needed. Call Home is not required, but it serves as a critical step to proactive customer support and incident response for failures.
This section provides the information that is specific to the settings and configuration for the Call Home feature.
The available options are provided in the following table.
Table: Call Home disable and delete options
Disable the Call Home feature
Disable the Call Home proxy server
Disable Call Home proxy tunneling
Delete the email ID for emails that are received from the appliance
Delete the SMTP server that is used by the appliance
Delete hardware administrator email accounts
To delete Call Home settings
- Log in to the Flex shell, and type any of the following as needed. Press Enter after each string to display the information.
- Disable the Call Home feature.
delete alerts callhome
- Disable the Call Home proxy settings.
delete alerts callhome-proxy
delete alerts callhome-proxy-tunnel
- Delete the appliance sender ID and the SMTP settings.
delete alerts email-sender-id
delete alerts email-smtp
- Delete the hardware administrator email address.
delete alerts email-hardware email_address=<email-hardware>