Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Adding files to the repository
Use the following procedure to download and add files to the Flex Appliance repository.
Guidelines for adding files to the repository:
Only add files that have been downloaded from or provided by Veritas.
Do not change or modify the file names.
To download and add files to the repository
- From a computer within your appliance domain, download the appropriate file from one of the following locations:
- From the same computer, sign in to the Flex Appliance Console and click the Repository icon in the left-side navigation bar to open the Repository page.
- On the Repository page, navigate to the Applications, Application add-ons, or Appliance upgrades and updates tab, depending on the type of file that you want to add.
- Click Add Image or Add Package.
- In the dialog box that appears, do the following:
At the top of the dialog box, click on the drop-down and navigate to the location where you downloaded the file from Veritas.
Select the downloaded file from the list of items that appears, then click Open.
If you added an upgrade or update package, a progress banner appears at the top of the screen. When the task is complete, the new file should appear on the page.
If you added an application or application add-on, you are redirected to the Activity Monitor to view the progress. When the task is complete, return to the Repository page to see the new file at the top of the list.