Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Updating Flex Appliance
Use the following procedure to update the Flex Appliance software.
To update Flex Appliance
- On the Flex Appliance Console, click the Repository icon in the left-side navigation bar and navigate to the Appliance upgrades and updates tab.
- Make sure that the update package you want to use is located in the repository. See Managing the repository.
- Navigate to System topology > Application instances to check the status of the application instances.
- Do one of the following:
If you have a single-node appliance, stop all running instances.
If you have a multi-node appliance, stop all running instances or select the node that you want to update first and relocate all of its instances to the other node.
- Select the node that you want to update and click Update or Update and restart.
If the update requires a restart, you can monitor the restart progress from the Veritas Remote Management Interface. To access the Veritas Remote Management Interface, refer to the initial configuration procedure. See Performing the initial configuration.
- If you have a multi-node appliance, wait for the update process to complete on the selected node, then repeat this procedure on the other node.
- If the update release that you installed supports rollback, you must decide whether you want to commit the new version or roll back to the previous version.
Log in to the appliance shell and do one of the following:
To commit the new version, run the following command.
If you have a multi-node appliance, you only need to run this command on one of the nodes.
To roll back to the previous version, stop all instances on the appliance and then run the following command:
Restart the node when prompted. If you have a multi-node appliance, you must run this command on all nodes.
If you have a multi-node appliance, you must roll back all nodes before you perform any other operations, including retrying an update. Complete the rollback and restart on the first node before proceeding with the next node.