Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Configuring a network interface
Before you can create an instance, you must configure a network interface. The information that you enter when you configure an interface is used to populate the network information fields when you create a new instance.
To configure a network interface
- On the Flex Appliance Console, click the Network interfaces icon in the left-side navigation bar to open the Network interfaces page.
It may take a few minutes to load.
- Do one of the following to enter network information:
Do not enter the same VLAN ID or netmask and gateway pair for more than one interface.
If you want to use VLAN tagging, select the check box next to the name of the network interface, click Add VLAN Tag, and then enter the VLAN ID, netmask, and default gateway. Use CIDR format for the netmask and gateway.
If you have more than one node, you must set the VLAN tag for each node.
If you do not want to use VLAN tagging, click the name of the network interface, and then enter the netmask and gateway in CIDR format.
- Click OK.