Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Flex Appliance 1.3 release content
The following list contains the known issues that were fixed and that are now included in this release of Flex Appliance.
During a rollback after an instance upgrade, the Activity Monitor erroneously showed the following error message:
Failed to clear the fault on <instance_name>_appVols on <node_name>. Check /log/hostagent.log and VCS logs for more details.
If you resized the storage on an instance to a smaller amount and the storage reduction took longer than an hour, the Activity Monitor timed out, and the resize status showed as Failed. However, the resize operation continued running in the background, and if it completed after the time-out, the status changed to Successful.
If you upgraded an appliance node to Flex Appliance 1.2 and then rolled back the version to 1.1, an issue could occur that caused the Flex Appliance Console to be unable to load. In addition, if you ran the command show appliance status in the Flex Appliance Shell, the infra_svc service showed as OFFLINE for all appliance nodes, as follows:
B infra_svc nbapp834 Y N OFFLINE B infra_svc nbapp835 Y N OFFLINE
During an upgrade from Flex Appliance 1.1 to version 1.2, a restart prompt appeared in the Flex Appliance Shell. If you responded with No or gave an invalid response, the following, incorrect error message may have displayed:
On a Veritas 5340 Appliance, a receive transmission (RX) error message appeared for 10GbE ports in Slot 8. These ports experienced a 20% backup performance degradation in comparison to the 10GbE ports in other slots, which were not affected.