Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Installing application add-ons
Use the following procedure to install an add-on on an instance.
To install an add-on
- Make sure that the add-on you want to install is located in the repository. See Managing the repository.
- From the System topology page of the Flex Appliance Console, navigate to the Application instances section.
- Locate the instance on which you want to install the add-on. If it is running, select it and click Stop. You can also wait to stop the instance until the Flex Appliance Console prompts you to if you prefer.
- Select the instance, then click Manage > Install and order add-ons. Alternatively, click on the instance name, navigate to the Add-ons tab, and click Install and order.
- Select the appropriate add-on from the repository list that appears. If you want to install multiple add-ons, you can select more than one in this step. When you are done, click Next.
- On the following page, you have the option to change the add-on installation order. In most cases, the install order does not affect operation, and you can skip this step. However, if recommended by Veritas Support or otherwise required, you can use the up and down arrows to change the order. If any of the add-ons have conflicting changes, the one that is installed last takes precedence.
Changing the add-on installation order is only supported for NetBackup 8.2 and later instances. Although the Flex Appliance Console allows changing the order on an earlier instance, any changes you make do not go into effect.
- Click Install.