Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Adding a tenant
Follow these steps to add a tenant.
To add a tenant
- On the Flex Appliance Console, click the Tenants icon in the left-side navigation bar to open the Tenants page.
- Click Add tenant.
- Enter a tenant name and location.
- Complete the following network configuration settings:
The network configuration information that you enter here is used to populate the network information fields when you create a new instance. You can also enter this information when you create an instance.
Type the domain name for this tenant. You can enter only one domain name.
To enter multiple search domains, type a comma and a space after each search domain.
Type the IP addresses for the name servers for this tenant. To enter multiple name servers, type a comma and a space after each name server.
Hosts file entries
Hostsfile entries for this tenant if you do not want to use DNS or want to bypass DNS for specific hosts. Include entries for all hosts that you want your instances to communicate with.
- Click Save.
After you add a tenant, you can assign instances to it.