Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Managing Flex Appliance Console users and tenants
- Managing NetBackup application instance users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Managing application add-ons on instances
- Running NetBackup commands on an application instance
- Upgrading application instances
- About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
About Flex Appliance upgrades and updates
Flex Appliance provides product enhancements and fixes with the following types of releases:
An upgrade release contains new features, enhancements, and fixes. An upgrade installs a new version of the Flex Appliance software, including the operating system and the appliance interfaces.
The version number for an upgrade release includes a single decimal point. For example, 1.3.
An update release is primarily comprised of fixes, though it may also include enhancements. An update modifies the existing version of Flex Appliance by making changes to the operating system, the appliance interfaces, or both.
The version number for an update release includes the version number of the release it modifies, followed by another decimal point and the update number. For example, 1.3.1 would be an update for release 1.3.
Veritas recommends that you install updates and upgrades when available to make sure that you have the latest product features and fixes.