Veritas Appliance Management Guide
- Appliance as an AMS
- Using the Appliance Management Console
- Managing appliances from the Home page
- About managing appliance software upgrades
- Managing EEBs or add-ons
- About staging packages
- About managing services
- Monitoring activities and events
- Managing the repository
- Applying management updates on earlier appliance versions
- Running AMS on NetBackup Virtual Appliance
Staging packages for installation or upgrade
Ensure that you have reviewed the considerations for staging packages on appliances from the Appliance Management Console.
To stage packages
- On the Home page, select the appliances that you want to upgrade, and click Manage > Stage packages.
- On the Stage page (1 Confirm appliance selection), review and confirm the displayed information for the appliances that you selected on the Home page.
If the list is correct, click Next.
Otherwise, click Back to return to the Home page and change your selection.
- On the refreshed page (2 Select packages), select the packages that you want to stage by using the corresponding check boxes, and then click Next.
All the packages that are available in the repository are listed. However, you can select only up to two packages at a time for staging.
- On the refreshed page (3 Confirm and stage), click Stage to initiate the staging operation.
The progress of the operation is displayed on the Activity Monitor page. The State column of the respective appliance with the current timestamp indicates the status of the operation as follows:
The operation is awaiting the completion of another activity on the appliance.
The operation has begun.
The operation has completed successfully.
The operation has failed. Review the messages to identify and troubleshoot the issue before you retry the operation.
The file upload events are also listed on the Events page along with the corresponding timestamps.