Veritas Appliance Management Guide
- Appliance as an AMS
- Using the Appliance Management Console
- Managing appliances from the Home page
- About managing appliance software upgrades
- Managing EEBs or add-ons
- About staging packages
- About managing services
- Monitoring activities and events
- Managing the repository
- Applying management updates on earlier appliance versions
- Running AMS on NetBackup Virtual Appliance
Configuring master server or media server and AMS on a virtual appliance
In this configuration, you create a VM to server as a master or a media server and also as an AMS. In this case, AMS uses the Configuration partition, so, set it up in this manner if you need a bigger repository for AMS.
Tasks to create an AMS along with a master or a media server
Deploy the OVA, which has its default resource requirements.
The storage is thin-provisioned.
Set up the network and the host name.
Configure the NetBackup master server or the NetBackup media server role.
Configure AMS from the NetBackup Appliance Shell menu by using the commands sequence: Appliance > Management Server.
Set up users for signing in to AMS.