Veritas Appliance Management Guide
- Appliance as an AMS
- Using the Appliance Management Console
- Managing appliances from the Home page
- About managing appliance software upgrades
- Managing EEBs or add-ons
- About staging packages
- About managing services
- Monitoring activities and events
- Managing the repository
- Applying management updates on earlier appliance versions
- Running AMS on NetBackup Virtual Appliance
Starting, stopping, or restarting services
Ensure that you have addressed the requirements for managing services on appliances from the Appliance Management Console.
To start, stop, or restart services
- On the Home page, select the appliances that you want to upgrade, and click Manage > Manage services.
- On the Manage Services page (1 Confirm appliance selection), review and confirm the displayed information for the appliances that you selected on the Home page.
If the list is correct, click Next.
Otherwise, click Back to return to the Home page and change your selection.
- On the refreshed page (2 Select action and service), select the action in the Action type selection drop-down.
Then, select the type of services to start, stop, or restart. Alternatively, enter the name of the service to restart.
You can specify the name of a service only when Restart is selected. You cannot start or stop an individual service.
- On the refreshed page (3 Confirm and submit), click Submit to initiate the start, stop, or restart operation.
The progress of the operation is displayed on the Activity Monitor page. The State column of the respective appliance with the current timestamp indicates the status of the operation as follows:
The operation is awaiting the completion of another activity on the appliance.
The operation has begun.
The operation has completed successfully.
The operation has failed. Review the messages to identify and troubleshoot the issue before you retry the operation.
The service start, stop, and restart events are also listed on the Events page along with the corresponding timestamps.