Veritas Appliance Management Guide
- Appliance as an AMS
- Using the Appliance Management Console
- Managing appliances from the Home page
- About managing appliance software upgrades
- Managing EEBs or add-ons
- About staging packages
- About managing services
- Monitoring activities and events
- Managing the repository
- Applying management updates on earlier appliance versions
- Running AMS on NetBackup Virtual Appliance
Limiting the bandwidth used for downloads
When you upgrade the appliance software or install EEBs, the upgrade or the EEB packages are first downloaded from the AMS to the agents. You can use network throttling to limit the bandwidth that is used for these downloads.
If a download times out, you can rerun the appliance software upgrade or the EEB installation to resume the download.
To limit the network bandwidth used for downloads
- Log on to the Appliance Management Console.
- Click Settings and then click Network Throttling.
- On the Network Throttling page, select Limit Bandwidth. Enter the value of the limit that you want to set, select the bandwidth from the drop-down, and then click Save.
Upgrade packages are large (in GBs) and may need more than an hour to download at 1 MBps, for example. Therefore, Veritas recommends that you set the throttle to 2 MBps or higher.