Veritas Appliance Management Guide
- Appliance as an AMS
- Using the Appliance Management Console
- Managing appliances from the Home page
- About managing appliance software upgrades
- Managing EEBs or add-ons
- About staging packages
- About managing services
- Monitoring activities and events
- Managing the repository
- Applying management updates on earlier appliance versions
- Running AMS on NetBackup Virtual Appliance
Installing EEBs or add-ons
The Install EEB (patch) page lets you manage and deploy EEB software for multiple appliances.
Ensure that there is no other EEB being installed simultaneously.
To install EEB (patch)
- On the Home page, select the appliances where you want the EEBs installed. All selected appliances must have the same software version. After completing the appliance selections, click Manage > Install EEB/Add-on.
- On the Install EEB (patch) page (1 Confirm appliance selection), review and verify the displayed information for the appliances that you selected on the Home page. If the list is correct, click Next.
Selected appliances (n) displays the host name of each appliance and the total number of listed appliances.
Click the drop-down arrow on the left to view the list of EEBs that are already installed on this appliance.
Role displays the configured role for each appliance.
Master displays the associated master server for any listed appliance media server.
Version displays the current software version of the appliance.
To make any changes, go back to the Home page and make them. Return to this page to confirm your selections and click Next.
- On the Select EEB page, select the appropriate EEB package in the Applicable packages column and click Next.
Only one package can be selected.
Applicable packages displays the full name of each compatible EEB that resides in the AMS Repository.
Type displays the package type; EEB.
Version displays the software version of each listed EEB.
- On Review and confirm page, review and confirm the information in the Readme file. Then click Next.
- On the Start EEB install page, click Install to start the installation.
Version displays the software version of the listed EEB.
Selected package displays the name of the selected EEB for the appliance.
- On the Activity Monitor, watch the State column for the progress and the results of the EEB installation for each appliance, as follows:
The EEB installation will begin.
The EEB installation has begun.
The EEB installation is complete.
The EEB installation has failed.