Veritas Appliance Management Guide
- Appliance as an AMS
- Using the Appliance Management Console
- Managing appliances from the Home page
- About managing appliance software upgrades
- Managing EEBs or add-ons
- About staging packages
- About managing services
- Monitoring activities and events
- Managing the repository
- Applying management updates on earlier appliance versions
- Running AMS on NetBackup Virtual Appliance
Changing passwords from the AMS
The Change password page allows a logged-in user to change their password. New passwords must meet the requirements of the password policy that is currently enforced.
This page lets you change passwords for NetBackup Appliances only. To change passwords for NetBackup Virtual Appliances, use the NetBackup Virtual Appliance Shell Menu commands under> .
By default, all NetBackup appliances enforce the following password rules:
Eight or more characters
At least one lowercase letter
At least one number (0-9)
Uppercase letters and special characters can be included, but they are not required.
Dictionary words are considered weak passwords and are not accepted.
The last seven passwords cannot be reused, and the new password cannot be similar to previous passwords.
Use the following procedure to change the password for the current user.
To change the current user password
- On the Home page, in the left column, click Settings.
- On the Settings page, click Change password.
- On the Change password page, enter the following information:
Old password: Enter the current password.
New password: Enter a new password.
Confirm new password: Enter the new password again for confirmation.
- Click Save.
If the new password is accepted, the following message appears: Password changed successfully.
If the new password is not accepted, the following message appears: Password change failed. Repeat the procedure and enter a valid password.