Veritas Appliance Management Guide
- Appliance as an AMS
- Using the Appliance Management Console
- Managing appliances from the Home page
- About managing appliance software upgrades
- Managing EEBs or add-ons
- About staging packages
- About managing services
- Monitoring activities and events
- Managing the repository
- Applying management updates on earlier appliance versions
- Running AMS on NetBackup Virtual Appliance
Configuring an appliance as AMS
If you want to centrally manage multiple NetBackup appliances in your environment from the Appliance Management Console, you must set the management role of the appliances. To configure a NetBackup appliance as an Appliance Management Server (AMS), you set the management role of the appliance. In an environment with several NetBackup Appliances, you can configure one AMS that manages multiple agents.
Before you set the management role of an appliance as AMS, review the following prerequisites:
Any appliance with version 3.1 or later can be set as an AMS. The appliance must be configured.
You can either set the management role of an appliance as AMS or agent, but not both.
If you install your own certificate on the AMS or change the hostname of the AMS, then all the agents that were already registered must be added again. Similarly if you install your own certificate on the agent or change the hostname of the agent, then the agent must be added again to the AMS.
- Log on to the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu on the appliance that you want to set as the AMS.
- Run the following command sequence:
Appliance > Management Server Configure
The following message is displayed:
[INFO] The Appliance Management Server is successfully configured. Use the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu to create an appliance user (Local/LDAP/AD)with the AMS role. Log on to the NetBackup Appliance Web Console with this account.