Veritas Appliance Management Guide
- Appliance as an AMS
- Using the Appliance Management Console
- Managing appliances from the Home page
- About managing appliance software upgrades
- Managing EEBs or add-ons
- About staging packages
- About managing services
- Monitoring activities and events
- Managing the repository
- Applying management updates on earlier appliance versions
- Running AMS on NetBackup Virtual Appliance
About configuring an appliance as AMS
You can configure any 3.1 or later NetBackup appliance as an Appliance Management Server (AMS).
Use the following procedures to configure an appliance as AMS:
Table: Configuring an appliance as AMS
Link to topic
Set the management role of the appliance as AMS.
Grant the AMS role to a user or a user group.
Access the NetBackup Appliance Web Console login page on the AMS and log on with the AMS user credentials. You can access the Appliance Management Console.
Add the appliances that you want to manage.