Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Installing the compute node into a rack
After the storage shelves and the compute node rails have been installed, you can install the compute node into the rack. These instructions apply to a one-node system and to a multi-node system.
To install the compute node into the rack
- Verify that the rails are securely attached.
Verify that the outer rail is securely attached to the rack.
Pull the intermediate rail forward. Ensure that the ball bearing retainer is locked forward.
Verify that the inner rail is securely attached to the compute node.
- Place the hardware in the front of the rack.
- Slide the blue tab forward to unlock the intermediate rail.
- Pull the intermediate portion of rail the rail forward. Ensure that the ball bearing retainer on the intermediate rail is locked forward.
You do not need to extend the rails as far as they can possibly extend. You only need sufficient space to place the hardware into the rails.
- Align the compute node inner rail to the intermediate rail in the rack. Slide the compute node forward into the rack.
The rail has a lock mechanism that prevents the hardware from being fully pushed into the rack.
- Slide the blue tab to unlock the rails and continue the sliding of the compute node into the rack.
- Secure the captive screws on the compute node ears.