Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Heat dissipation guidelines
Air flows from the front of each unit and exits from the rear of each unit. You can install the optional compute node bezel without disruption to the airflow.
For best ventilation, the rack cabinet should:
Be at least 100 cm (4 feet) from walls.
Be at least 100 cm (4 feet) from other cabinets on the front and back of the compute node and the storage shelves.
Data centers with two-foot spaces in the front and in the back of the compute nodes are acceptable with proper cooling and ventilation.
The following requirements ensure sufficient cooling to the devices.
Veritas requires that you install the devices in a National Engineering Manufacturer's Association (NEMA)-certified or equivalent rack.
The 5U84 storage shelf is as long as a standard IEC-compliant rack. Be sure that your rack cabinet and Power Distribution Units (PDUs) accommodate the length of the storage shelves.
A minimum of 3 inches (7.6 cm) of space must be between the front of a compute node and the cabinet door or other air block.
A minimum of 6 inches (15.2 cm) of space must be between the rear of a compute node and the cabinet rear or other air block.
A minimum of 1 inch (2.5 cm) of space must be between the front of a storage shelf and the cabinet door or other air block.
A minimum of 2 inches (5.0 cm) of space must be between the rear of a storage shelf and the cabinet rear or other air block.
Refer to the Veritas 5340 Appliance Product Description for specifications about temperature and cooling.