Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
5340 compute node rear panel
The rear panel of the compute node contains several components and default ports. Three PCIe riser assemblies support various configurations.
The three PCIe riser assemblies that are outlined in red are numbered 1, 2, and 3 from right to left. Slots 1 through 8 are shown in the risers.
The following list describes the numbered items.
Three USB ports
IPMI remote management port
Four copper, RJ45, 1Gb Ethernet* ports, NIC1/eth0, NIC2/eth1, NIC3/eth2, and NIC4/eth3, left to right
Riser Assembly 1, Slot 4, contains a Fibre Channel (FC) card that connects to the FC ports on the Primary Storage Shelf.
Riser Assembly 2, Slot 1, contains a Fibre Channel (FC) card that connects to the FC ports on the Primary Storage Shelf.
Riser Assembly 3, Slot 7, is reserved.
Riser Assembly 3, Slot 8, contains a dual port 10Gb Ethernet NIC in all I/O configurations.