Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Customer-provided environment and supplies
The storage shelf rails can extend from 713mm (28.07in) to 884mm (33.23in) in length. Be sure that your racks accommodate these rails.
For best ventilation, the rack cabinet:
Should be at least 100 cm (4 feet) from walls
Should be at least 100 cm (4 feet) from other cabinets on the front and back of the compute node and the storage shelves
The following list describes the necessary personnel and equipment that are needed at the installation site:
At least one person or a mechanical lift to move the compute node.
Three people or a mechanical lift to move each storage shelf.
A magnetic Philips-head screw driver to install the storage shelf rails into the rack.
A Torx T20 screwdriver to lock each of the two drawers in a storage shelf.
Cables to connect the compute node to your corporate network.
A USB-keyboard and a monitor to connect to the compute node.
A 19-inch rack with dual Power Distribution Units (PDUs) with 120VAC or 220VAC power input for the compute node.
A 19-inch rack with dual Power Distribution Units (PDUs) with 220VAC power input for the storage shelves.
Refer to the following section for more details.