Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
5340 compute node and 5U84 storage shelves
The compute node does not provide any storage.
The 5U84 storage shelves provide storage capacity for the appliance system. You must have a Primary Storage Shelf that connects to the 5340 compute node. Up to three optional Expansion Storage Shelves are available for additional storage.
The NetBackup 5340 high availability (HA) configuration includes two compute nodes, one required Primary Storage Shelf, and up to three optional Expansion Storage Shelves.
The Flex 5340 appliance is available as a single-node or a multi-node appliance. A Primary Storage Shelf is required and supports up to three optional Expansion Storage Shelves.
Before you install the hardware, refer to the following section for important details about the dimensions of the hardware.
See Dimensions and determining rack locations.
The compute node is two rack units (2RU) high.
Each storage shelf is 5RU high and contains 2 drawers with 42 disk drive slots per drawer.
The rear of the Primary shelf includes two redundant RAID controller I/O modules.
The Expansion shelves contain two I/O modules for connectivity to the Primary shelf and to other Expansion shelves.
Half capacity storage shelves are available for 5340 appliances. Refer to the Veritas 5340 Product Description at the following site for details about usable storage capacity.