Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Best practices for rack installation
Prepare for the hardware installation by following these recommendations.
The storage shelves are heavier than the compute node and should be installed as close to the bottom of the rack as possible.
Determine device order and cabling limits.
Install one set of rails. Then install the device. Do not install all of the rails at one time as you may not leave enough room for the devices.
Be aware of the depth of the rails and the devices. Ensure that the distance between cabinet posts accommodates the rails, devices, cables, extending ears, and PDU strips.
Hold a 1m SAS3 cable between the intended locations for the Primary Storage Shelf and the last Expansion Storage Shelf. Visually confirm that the cable is long enough.