Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Prerequisites for IPMI configuration
Veritas Flex Appliance release 1.x does not support configuring the IPMI port through the Flex Appliance Shell. To configure IPMI contact Technical Support and ask your representative to reference article 100042482.
Verify the following configuration prerequisites:
The remote management port auto-negotiates its link speed to 1 Gbps.
If the IPMI port is connected to a managed switch port, it is recommended that you configure the switch port to auto-negotiation
If a firewall exists between the appliance and the remote devices that manage an appliance (like a laptop computer), open the following ports:
Secured Floppy/USB media
If you have a private internal network, remember to configure the settings accordingly in your network address translation (NAT).
The remote management port must be configured as a DHCP or static address.