Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Connecting two Expansion shelves to a system that has one existing Expansion shelf
Expansion shelves connect to the Primary shelf and to other Expansion shelves but they do not connect directly to the compute node.
To connect two new Expansion shelves to a Primary shelf and an existing Expansion shelf
- Verify that all compute nodes and the Primary shelf are off and that the power cords are unplugged.
Do not remove the cables between the compute nodes and the Primary shelf.
- Obtain the two SAS3 cables that ship with each Expansion shelf.
- Identify the single SAS3 port on the left side of each controller module in the Primary shelf.
- Identify ports A and C in each I/O module in the Expansion shelf. Port B is not available for use.
- IMPORTANT: Note the correct orientation of the blue tab on the ends of the SAS3 cables. The blue tab must face down in the ports on both shelves.
- On the existing Expansion shelf unplug the SAS3 connector in port A of the right I/O module.
- Connect the end of the cable to port A in the right I/O module in the third Expansion shelf.
- Connect one end of a new SAS3 cable to port C on the left I/O module of the existing shelf.
Connect the other end of the cable to port A on the left I/O module on the second shelf.
- Connect one end of a new SAS3 cable to port A on the right I/O module of the existing shelf.
Connect the other end of the cable to port C on the right I/O module on the second shelf.