Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Installing the compute node rack rails
Veritas recommends the following.
The compute node requires two RUs of space. Install the node in the space that is directly above the storage shelves.
Always install the heavier storage shelves at the bottom of the rack. Best practices recommend that you install hardware at the bottom of a rack first. Then work your way up the rack.
Two people should install the rails; one person at the back of the rack and one at the front.
Two people should lift and place the compute node into the mounted rails.
To install the compute node rails
- Identify the front and the rear of each rail. The following illustration shows the front of the left-hand and the right-hand rails. The front of the left rail is labeled A. The front of the right rail is labeled B. The labeled sides face the rack wall when the rails are installed.
The small metal extensions that are outlined in the illustration must point down, towards the floor of the rack.
The information in this document supersedes any of the information in the printed installation materials.
- Use the printed rack templates to align the rails with the rack holes.
Fold the template along the yellow dotted lines to create an exact, physical match to the rack.
Be sure to use the same holes on each side of the rack.
- Place one rail inside the rack.
The rack holes and the rail pins should match the template.
Use the same 1RU space and holes in the front and the rear of the rack.
Align the pins in the top holes and the bottom holes of the top RU.
Move the rail front and back to fit into the rack.
Slide the rail forward until the pins click into the rack holes.
- Secure the rear of the rail.
Push the blue lock toward the rack wall and toward the back of the rail.
The lock must be behind the rack post.
Ensure that the lock clicks into place.
- Insert a washer and a screw into the middle hole of the top RU in the rear of the rack.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for the other rail.
- Identify the three different rails in each rail assembly.
Components in this illustration are as follows.
1 - Outer rail
2 - Intermediate rail
3 - Inner rail
- Pull the white tab forward to release the inner rail from the outer and the intermediate rail.
- Separate the inner rail from the other rail components in the rack.
- Attach the inner rail to the left and the right sides of the chassis at the four attachment locations.