Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Turning off the existing hardware
You must turn off the existing system before you turn on any Expansion shelves. Be sure to perform these steps in the order that they are presented.
To turn off the existing hardware
- Perform a soft shutdown of any compute nodes. If you have two compute nodes you must shut them down separately.
From the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu, enter Support > Shutdown, or from the Flex Appliance Shell, enter system > shutdown.
Verify that the compute node is completely turned off. All LEDs are off. Fans are not running.
Repeat these steps for the second compute node if applicable.
- After the compute nodes are turned off you must manually turn off the Primary shelf.