Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
Last Published: 2021-01-26
Product(s): Appliances (Version Not Specified)
Platform: Veritas 5340
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Connecting one Expansion shelf to the Primary shelf
The Expansion shelf connects to the Primary shelf but it does not connect directly to the compute node.
To connect one Expansion shelf to the Primary shelf
- Verify that all compute nodes and the Primary shelf are off and that the power cords are unplugged.
Do not remove the cables between the compute nodes and the Primary shelf.
- Obtain the two SAS3 cables that ship with the Expansion shelf.
- Identify the single SAS3 port on the left side of each controller module in the Primary shelf.
- Identify ports A and C in each I/O module in the Expansion shelf. Port B is not available for use.
- IMPORTANT: Note the correct orientation of the blue tab on the ends of the SAS3 cables. The blue tab must face down in the ports on both shelves.
- Connect one cable to each of the SAS3 ports on the left of each controller module on the Primary shelf.
- Connect the other end of each cable to port A in each I/O module in the Expansion shelf.
- Verify the final cable configuration.
- Connect the power cords of all devices as described in this section.
- Turn on the devices in the proper sequence as described in this section.
- Add the new disk space with the instructions in one of these sections.