Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Connecting three Expansion shelves to the Primary shelf
Two of the three Expansion shelves connect to the Primary shelf but not directly to the compute node.
To connect three Expansion shelves
- Verify that all compute nodes and the Primary shelf are off and that the power cords are unplugged.
Do not remove the cables between the compute nodes and the Primary shelf.
- Obtain the two SAS3 cables that ship with each Expansion shelf.
- Identify the single SAS3 port on the left side of each controller module in the Primary shelf.
- Identify ports A and C in each I/O module in the Expansion shelf. Port B is not available for use.
- IMPORTANT: Note the correct orientation of the blue tab on the ends of the SAS3 cables. The blue tab must face down in the ports on all shelves.
- Connect one cable to each of the SAS3 ports on the left of each controller module on the Primary shelf.
- Connect the left cable to port A in the left I/O module on the closest Expansion shelf.
- Connect the right cable from the Primary shelf to port A in the right I/O module in the farthest Expansion shelf.
- Connect one end of a new cable to port C in the left module of the first Expansion shelf.
Connect the other end of the cable to port A in the left module of the second Expansion shelf.