Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
5U84 storage shelf Expansion module
Each Expansion Storage Shelf contains two I/O modules. The modules are labeled A and B, from left to right as you look at the rear panel of a shelf. Each module has three SAS3 ports that are labeled A, B, and C from left to right.
A yellow label states that port B is for attachment to a server only. You cannot use this port without permission and assistance from Veritas Technical Support.
The SAS3 ports connect to the SAS port on each RAID controller on the Primary Shelf and to other Expansion Shelves.