Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Cables and connectors
Compute nodes connect to each other with 1G Ethernet cables.
The compute node connects to the Primary Storage Shelf with FC cables.
The Primary Storage Shelf connects to Expansion Storage Shelf I/O modules with SAS3 cables.
Expansion Storage Shelves connect to each other with SAS3 cables.
The power connector that attaches to a storage shelf has a right-angled form factor.
A security tie assures continued connection between the power cable and the storage shelf.