Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Cable length verification
Before you install and connect the hardware, be sure to verify that you have the correct length of cables for your setup.
Each rack unit (RU) is 44.50 mm (1.752 inches) in height. The compute node is 2RU high.
The 5U84 Storage Shelves are 5RU high.
Each FC cable is 1 meter (39.37 inches) long.
Two SAS3 cables ship with each Expansion Storage Shelf. Each SAS3 cable is 1-meter (3.28 feet) long. SAS3 cables that are 2 meters (6.56 feet) long can be ordered separately. The 2-meter cable is long enough to connect the Primary Storage Shelf to the third Expansion Storage Shelf when you use the recommended configuration.
If you must have Expansion shelves in different racks be sure that the SAS3 cables are long enough. Do not stretch the cables too tightly or try to use adapters or extensions.