Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
5U84 storage shelf drawers and disk drives
Each storage shelf includes 2 drawers with 42 disk drive slots each for a total of 84 slots. The following diagrams describe the disk layout for the top drawer and the bottom drawer. The slot numbers start at the front, left of the drawer. Slot numbers end in the last row at the right rear of the drawer.
The following diagrams show all of the slots in each drawer. The photographs show the number of the first slot in each drawer.
The top drawer contains slots 0 through 41.
The bottom drawer contains slots 42 through 83.
Disk drives are not preconfigured before they ship from the factory. During the initial installation any drive can be placed into any slot for a full storage shelf. After the compute nodes and storage shelves are configured and operational, you cannot rearrange the drives.
The compute nodes support storage shelves with half of the total usable capacity. This configuration includes 45 disk drives and 39 blank carriers. You receive one container of 42 disk drives and another container of 3 drives and 39 blanks. Install these disk drives into the storage shelf drawers.
Refer to the following link for the disk drive layout for a half capacity storage shelf.
Each disk drive is encased in a carrier. A label at the top, front end of the carrier identifies the storage capacity of the disk that is inside the carrier.