Veritas™ 5340 Appliance Hardware Installation Guide
- Hardware overview
- Preinstallation requirements
- Hardware installation procedures
- Appendix A. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that does not have any Expansion shelves
- Appendix B. Adding Expansion Storage Shelves to an operating appliance that has at least one operating Expansion shelf
- Appendix C. Configuring the disk space for new NetBackup Expansion Storage Shelves
- Appendix D. Configuring the disk space for new Flex Expansion Storage Shelves
Storage shelf shipping container contents
Each storage shelf container includes other boxes and contents as follows.
Open Me First envelope, containing:
Deployment plan that provides basic information and links to detailed information
Environmental compliance statement
Hardware cable connections poster
Rack rails and mounting hardware
Two SAS-3 cables with each Expansion shelf
Two power cords
The disk drives ship separately from the storage shelves. Each disk drive shipping container includes 42 disk drive slots.
Containers for a half-populated shelf include blank carriers which must be installed into the drawers to maintain proper airflow.
After you have installed the storage shelves into a rack, you should install the disk drives into the drawer.