Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Installation prerequisites for NetBackup on WSFC cluster
The following requirements must be met before you install and configure a NetBackup failover server in a WSFC environment:
Verify that storage devices are properly installed and configured to work in a Windows environment. Refer to the information on configuring storage devices in the NetBackup Installation Guide.
Verify that Windows Server Failover Clustering is correctly installed and configured. NetBackup can be installed on as many nodes as WSFC supports. WSFC supports up to 4 or 8 nodes in a cluster, depending on the level of Windows that is installed.
Physically connect the robotic devices and tape devices to each node where you want to install NetBackup). Connect devices by SCSI or Fibre Channel. Use OS commands to verify that all the devices are connected properly.
See the NetBackup Device Configuration Guide.
Also, verify that the disk resource is online on the node from which the NetBackup installation is about to be performed for the first time on the cluster.
With this release IPv6 is supported with NetBackup.
Verify that you have the current NetBackup Enterprise Server version or the current NetBackup server version installation program and a valid license key.
The Windows Server Failover Clustering Administrator must be installed on all NetBackup servers that you use to administer the NetBackup failover master server remotely. Failover Cluster Manager must also be installed on any NetBackup administration clients.
You must have administrator rights or domain administrator credentials on the server cluster.
On Windows, the public network names must be the same on both nodes of the cluster for push installs.
You should install NetBackup on the same path on all the nodes.