Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Guidelines for backing up local disks in a cluster
To protect the data on the node's local disks, configure a policy that includes the cluster node names in the client list. In addition to this policy, you must also configure a separate policy to back up the shared disks.
The following are guidelines for configuring the policy to back up local disks:
If NetBackup is installed on the cluster as separate NetBackup media servers, configure a policy for each node. Each policy should include the cluster node name as a client. For each policy, select the storage unit that you created for the NetBackup media server that is installed on that cluster node.
In thelist, add all the local disks (excluding the shared disks).
For Windows cluster, always include System_State:\ or Shadow Copy Components:\ in the file list to back up the System State for each cluster node. In a policy for an WSFC cluster, System_State:\ or Shadow Copy Components:\ also backs up the cluster quorum information.