Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Upgrading a NetBackup failover server on VCS on Windows
NetBackup does not support conversion of an existing non-failover NetBackup server to a failover NetBackup server. Contact Veritas Enterprise technical support.
If you have modified NetBackup cluster configuration manually or the configuration has been modified due to external script, make sure that it is reflected correctly in NetBackup cluster registry.
To upgrade a NetBackup failover server
- Ensure that a good backup of your cluster environment exists that includes a catalog backup.
- For each NetBackup server that runs outside of the cluster, ensure that the server list is accurate. This list should contain the name of each node where NetBackup can run and the name of the virtual server.
- Take the VCS NetBackup resource offline before you begin the upgrade.
Make sure that shared disk and IP resources are online during the upgrade on active node.
- Follow the instructions for how to upgrade NetBackup as described in the NetBackup Installation Guide.
The installation program does the following:
Upgrades NetBackup on the active node.
Pushes the install to each inactive node.
Brings online all the NetBackup resources .
- Post upgrade installation, verify if the security certificates are deployed on all the nodes within the cluster. If not, generate security certificates on all the nodes within the cluster.
For more information on deploying a certificate in a clustered NetBackup setup, see the NetBackup Security and Encryption Guide.
- Upgrade and configure NetBackup options.
Most options require only a license key and do not need to be upgraded separately. For information on how to install and configure a specific option, see the appropriate NetBackup documentation for that option.
When you upgrade NetBackup on cluster, NetBackup resource goes into faulted state. You must clear the fault after upgrade is complete. For details, contact Veritas enterprise technical support.