Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Installing NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
This section describes how to install NetBackup Enterprise Server as a failover application in a Service Guard cluster. If you want to upgrade NetBackup, rather than complete an initial installation, you need to follow a different procedure.
Review the following notes before you begin installation:
These instructions assume that this installation is a new installation of a NetBackup failover server.
The NetBackup package name in a Service Guard cluster is always NetBackup. The user cannot configure this name.
The following package ASCII file is installed with NetBackup. You can change the values for any of the timeout settings in this file. Do not make changes to any settings that are not related to timeouts.
Cluster configuration is performed along with the installation process. Do not run the cluster_config script to perform cluster configuration.
The following procedure describes how to install and configure a NetBackup failover server on a Service Guard cluster.
To install NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- Fill out the checklist for all configurations and the checklist for your specific environment.
- Make sure that the shared disk is not mounted on any node in the cluster.
If applicable, unmount the NetBackup shared mount point. Stop the volume the mount point is on and stop the disk group for that volume on all nodes of the cluster.
- Follow the instructions for how to install NetBackup in the NetBackup Installation Guide.
Be sure that you:
Install NetBackup on each node to which it can failover.
Use the virtual name for the NetBackup server name.
When you are prompted, you must provide the same virtual cluster name that you provided during the installation. This name is case-sensitive and must be in same format (FQDN/short) on all the nodes.
- When NetBackup is installed on the clustered setup a confirmation prompt is displayed.
When you install NetBackup on the first node, you are prompted to confirm creation of a NetBackup cluster. Type Y to set up NetBackup in HA mode.
While you install NetBackup on the subsequent nodes, information of already created NetBackup cluster group is displayed. You are prompted to join the group.
- When you are prompted for cluster-specific configuration details, refer to the checklist and provide details accordingly.
- Allow NetBackup to be installed in a cluster. When a NetBackup failover server is installed:
On the first node, a single node cluster resource group for NetBackup is created and brought online.
On the other nodes, the installed node is added to the cluster resource group.
- Post installation, get security certificates on all the nodes within the cluster.
For more information on getting a certificate in a clustered NetBackup setup, see the NetBackup Security and Encryption Guide.
- Continue with the configuration of NetBackup.