Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2018-02-16
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.1)
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Recovering the entire WSFC cluster
The following procedure describes how to recover the nodes in a cluster to their pre-disaster state.
To recover the entire WSFC cluster
- On the first node you want to recover, reinstall the Windows operating system, including the last service pack that was applied before the failure.
- Install any other drivers or applications to make the node operational.
- After you start the nodes in a cluster, ensure that the drive letters match the original cluster configuration. If the original configuration does not match, you can use the Disk Administrator to control the hard drive numbering scheme of the Windows devices.
- On all remaining nodes you need to recover, reinstall Windows, including the last service pack that was applied before the failure.
- Reinstall the cluster services and bring the cluster online.
- Reinstall the same NetBackup software on the cluster that was installed before the failure.
- Use the appropriate NetBackup catalog recovery procedure to restore the NetBackup catalog information before continuing.
See the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide for more information on recovering the NetBackup catalog database.
- Restore the data files through the virtual server.
- If you must restore a database to the shared drives, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guides for your NetBackup agent to continue the restore.