Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Installing or upgrading NetBackup options on HP Service Guard Cluster
To install or upgrade NetBackup options, NetBackup daemons must be brought offline without causing a failover. Service Guard must be configured to stop monitoring NetBackup, but keep NetBackup resources online (or frozen).
To install or upgrade NetBackup options on HP Service Guard Cluster
- Place NetBackup in a frozen state by executing the following:
cmmodpkg -d netbackup
- Run the following command on the active node to disable the NetBackup agent monitor:
- On the active node where NetBackup server is installed, install an option. See the specific NetBackup documentation for each option for instructions on installation and configuration.
- Perform the same installation on each inactive node.
- After you complete the installations of the options, run the following:
cmmodpkg -e netbackup
- Run the following command on the active node to enable the NetBackup agent monitor:
rm -f /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cluster/frozen
The NetBackup resources are brought online and Service Guard resumes monitoring the NetBackup resource.