Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Installing or upgrading NetBackup options on Solaris Cluster
To install or upgrade NetBackup options, NetBackup daemons must be brought offline without causing a failover. Solaris Cluster must be configured to stop monitoring NetBackup, but keep NetBackup resources online.
To install or upgrade NetBackup options
- Freeze the NetBackup group by executing the following:
/usr/cluster/bin/scswitch -n -j scnb-hars
- Run the following command on the active node to disable the NetBackup agent monitor:
- On active node, install or upgrade any NetBackup options. See the specific NetBackup documentation for each option for instructions on installation and configuration.
- On the inactive node, perform the same installation.
- After you complete the installations of any options, run the following commands:
/usr/cluster/bin/scswitch -e -j scnb-hars
- Run the following command on the active node to enable the NetBackup agent monitor:
rm -f /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cluster/frozen
The NetBackup resources are brought online and Solaris Cluster resumes monitoring the NetBackup resource.