Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
Installing NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
The following procedure describes how to install a NetBackup failover server in an PowerHA cluster.
You can ignore the following type of warning message from the cluster configuration script. These messages are generated during the verification and synchronization whenever there are multiple addresses on a network interface.
There may be an insufficient number of communication interfaces that are defined on node: blazer, network: net_ether_01. Multiple communication interfaces are recommended for networks intending to use IP aliasing.
To install NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Fill out the checklist for all configurations and the checklist for your specific environment.
- The volume group of the pre-existing file system that NetBackup uses must be varied-on, on the node from which you want to start clustered installation of NetBackup. If the volume group is not varied-on, the installer may not detect it as a shareable file system. Use the following command to vary-on the volume group:
varyonvg <volume group name>
- Follow the instructions for how to install NetBackup in the NetBackup Installation Guide.
Be sure that you:
Install NetBackup on each node to which it can failover.
Use the virtual name for the NetBackup server name.
When you are prompted, you must provide the same virtual cluster name that you provided during the installation. This name is case-sensitive and must be in same format (FQDN/short) on all the nodes..
- When NetBackup is installed on the clustered setup a confirmation prompt is displayed.
When you install NetBackup on the first node, you are prompted to confirm creation of a NetBackup cluster. Type Y to set up NetBackup in HA mode.
While you install NetBackup on the subsequent nodes, information of already created NetBackup cluster group is displayed. You are prompted to join the group.
- When you are prompted for cluster-specific configuration details, refer to the checklist and provide details accordingly.
Allow NetBackup to be installed in a cluster. When a NetBackup failover server is installed:
On the first node, a single node cluster resource group for NetBackup is created and brought online.
On the other nodes, the installed node is added to the cluster resource group.
- Post installation, get security certificates on all the nodes within the cluster.
For more information on getting a certificate in a clustered NetBackup setup, see the NetBackup Security and Encryption Guide.
- Continue with the configuration of NetBackup.