Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
About NetBackup on a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) is a high-availability solution for cluster configurations. VCS enables you to monitor systems and application services and to restart services on a different system when hardware or software fails.
NetBackup can be configured in a cluster as a non-failover server and as a standalone media server with virtual storage units. Refer to the NetBackup in Highly Available Environments Administrator's Guide for more information.
NetBackup supports the use of the Global Cluster Option (GCO) with VCS. For information on how to configure and use GCO with NetBackup, refer to the NetBackup in Highly Available Environments Administrator's Guide.