Veritas NetBackup™ Clustered Master Server Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup Master Server Clustering
- About NetBackup clustering
- NetBackup in a Windows Server Failover Clustering
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on UNIX/Linux
- About preinstallation checklist for a NetBackup failover server installation on VCS on Unix\Linux
- NetBackup in a Veritas Cluster Server on Windows
- NetBackup in a Solaris Cluster
- NetBackup on HP Service Guard cluster
- NetBackup on PowerHA cluster for AIX
- Configuring NetBackup
- Operational notes
- Appendix A. NetBackup master server in a cluster using multiple interfaces
NetBackup configuration overview
Configuration of NetBackup includes the creation of storage devices, volumes, the catalog backup, and backup policies. This configuration can be completed most easily with the NetBackup Configuration Wizards in the NetBackup Administration Console. Refer to the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I, for more details for instructions on how to perform these steps manually. (See information for configuring NetBackup without wizards.) Refer to Table: Configuring NetBackup before you configure NetBackup.
Table: Configuring NetBackup summarizes the information that applies to each cluster environment.
Table: Configuring NetBackup
General guidelines to follow when you configure the NetBackup server in a cluster.
General guidelines to follow when you configure devices for a NetBackup server in a cluster.
See Configuring devices.
Device configuration guidelines.
Instructions for verifying NetBackup Catalog Backup entries are correct.
Configuring automatic backup policies.
Instructions to verify that NetBackup is configured correctly.
How to configure robotic daemons to fail over NetBackup
How to configure NetBackup add-on products to fail over NetBackup in a UNIX/Linux cluster.
How to configure NetBackup add-on products to fail over NetBackup in Windows.
Additional license keys in a cluster environment.